Yes, it’s “that” time of year. What time of year? That time of the year when a plethora of things actually happen on the weekend before the January-February lull. It’s a wonderful time of year. These are our tips for the weekend:
- Free Frist Twitter night. 5-9pm. Just mention Twitter at Visitor Services to receive free admission to the Frist Center tonight. Really. That’s all you have to do. There’s no catch. While you’re there, enjoy the free A Mountain Dulcimer Christmas performance from 6-8pm.
- Cummins Station Artisan Fair. 11am-3pm. Local artisans will showcase their wares today at Cummins Station. Stop by and browse for some unique handmade gifts!
- Sundance Shorts. 7pm & 9:35pm (additional showtimes Saturday & Sunday), Belcourt Theatre. Catch the 10 best short films from Sundance 2009 during a limited run this weekend at the Belcourt.
- Nashville Ballet presents Nutcracker. 7pm (additional showtimes Saturday & Sunday), TPAC’s Andrew Jackson Hall. Catch opening night at the Nashville Ballet’s Nutcracker tonight. Tickets range from $22-77, depending on where you want to sit, and seats are filling up fast (especially the cheap ones)!
- KingBilly featuring Vince Gill & Richard Marx. 8pm, 12th & Porter. Your guess is as good as ours. Vince Gill and Richard Marx will join KingBilly as special guests on the 12th & Porter stage tonight, for free. Yes, FREE.
- A CREMA Christmas. 4-8pm, 15 Hermitage Ave. CREMA’s annual art sale to benefit Safe Haven Family Shelter is happening on Saturday, with 30% of sales donated to the nonprofit. It’s a great event for a great cause, and a good excuse for us to sip on some of CREMA’s sweet espresso goodness.
- Christmas with the Acklens. 10am-3pm, Belmont Mansion. Experience Christmas as the Acklen family would have, with a traditional Victorian bell-ringing, a visit from Father Christmas for the kids, harp performances, choral ensembles, art activities, homemade gingerbread and hot wassail. Mmmmm. It’s free!
- The Rockettes Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Yeah, you can see the Rockettes anytime, but they’re offering buy-one-get-one-free tickets for a number of performances beginning this weekend. The Saturday 11am performance and Sunday 12pm & 3:30pm performances are included.
- Dickens of a Christmas. 10am-5pm, downtown Franklin. Franklin’s annual free Christmas street festival, Dickens of a Christmas, happens this weekend. What better way to get in the holiday spirit than by strolling the streets of downtown Franklin with a warm cup of apple cider and taking in the music, dancing, arts & crafts, costumed characters and tasty holiday treats?
- Preds vs. Red Wings. 7pm at the Nashville Sommet Arena Center. Limited tickets are still available to watch our Preds take on the Detroit Red Wings at home this Saturday, but they’re going fast!
- Santa Rampage. 6pm at 3 Crow Bar, 8pm at Beer Sellar. Join a couple hundred Santas out on the town, spreading Christmas cheer, turning heads and throwing back a few beers.
- Ten out of Tenn Christmas Show. 8pm, Exit/In. The Ten out of Tenn lineup returns for a special Christmas show, featuring Erin McCarley, Trent Dabbs, k.s. Rhoads, Butterfly Boucher, Matthew Perryman Jones, Katie Herzig, Jeremy Lister, Tyler James, Andrew Belle and Andy Davis. $15.
- Dickens of a Christmas Town Sing. 5pm, downtown Franklin. Franklin’s Dickens of a Christmas street festival continues on Sunday from 12-5pm, and culminates in a Town Sing at 5pm – a community caroling trip around downtown.
- Keyboards at Christmas. 6pm, First Baptist Nashville. Featuring six – yes, SIX – grand pianos, Keyboards at Christmas is a free evening of beautiful Christmas music.
Photo by jspad.
- The Weekendist: Memorializing Edition
- The Weekendist: Full-Blown Fall Fest Edition
- The Weekendist: Work It (Or Don’t) Edition
- The Weekendist: You-Know-What-Pocalypse Edition
- The Weekendist: Look At The Stars Edition