- About 8,500 people were stuck without power in Franklin this afternoon after a bird got into a fight with a substation and lost. [WSMV]
- Following some controversy about a certain per diem pay raise granted to our beloved state lawmakers, Rep. Judy Barker became the first one to actually turn it down. [WTVF]
- Governor Phil got a little defensive when a legislator mouthed off about a proposal to start creating biofuels out of East Tennessee’s switchgrass. [Tennessean]
- TSU and the local Nation of Islam chapter are both trying to figure out who started the rumor about NoI providing free additional security on campus. The news came in an announcement by TSU, which made headlines, but NoI insisted that was the first they’d heard of it. [Tennessean]
- Metro Police say that the ATM skimming operation we heard about last week has now resulted in around $270,000 stolen. [WKRN]
Photo by silenus81.
No related posts.