Good morning, Nashville. We have to admit that the sun is shining a little brighter this morning since the Titans racked up their first win of 2009 yesterday. Whether we have Chris Johnson’s momma, the ceremonial stomping of the “terrible towel” (what?), or VY™’s mad skills to thank, we’ll take it. It was a good weekend all around for Tennessee sports with the Preds scoring another win against Dallas and the Vols taking down South Carolina, even if Vandy didn’t quite make it to the party. Three out of four ain’t bad, right?
- Clean water? A recent study revealed that 90% of the water supply in the Keith Springs part of Franklin County (about 90 minutes from Chattanooga) is contaminated with e. coli and other kinds of bacteria. Residents have been asking for an actual water system for years.
- Carbon monoxide leak at Vandy. A carbon monoxide leak in an off-campus Vanderbilt dorm sent three students to the hospital last night. None of the students were severely hurt and the leak turned out to be from a busted hot water heater.
- Bits & pieces. Nashville is getting $3.1 million in new stimulus money to help folks who are recently homeless … If it keeps raining, that rock slide cleanup on I-40 could take a long, long time … Nashville could use some more affordable housing downtown, say the critics … If you weren’t in one of the high-risk groups and still want the H1N1 vaccine shot, you may be in luck.
No related posts.