- Congratulations, Tennessee: We officially have the highest sales tax in the country. [Post Politics]
- And hopefully y’all weren’t too excited about that Def Leppard show that just got canceled. [Tennessean]
- But the good news is that the “civilized world” is enjoying the heck out of our fried chicken these days. [Nashville Scene]
- A recent poll by MTSU reveals that 52% of Tennesseans aren’t interested in getting the H1N1 vaccine injection. In related news, there have been 28 Swine Flu fatalities so far in Tennessee. In a typical year, the seasonal flu ends up killing about 700. [WKRN & WTVF]
- The Wooded Rapist, who has been accused over the years of raping 13 different women over a period of 14 years, was found guilty today of attempted aggravated rape. [WTVF]
- Remember, I-440 Eastbound will be closed this weekend! [WTVF]
Photo by james t. atkinson.