- Summarizing today: NASA tried to blow up the moon, President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, golf became an Olympic sport, Miley quit Twitter, and… it rained in Middle Tennessee. We’re so predictable. At least the time lapse video was cool. [Nashville WX]
- The TVA would like to drain one of their reservoirs near Chattanooga into Lake Nickajack, which will turn the entire lake a lovely shade of murky brown starting November 2nd. [WTVF]
- We’re two months into Tennessee’s new budget year and we’ve already worked up a spending gap of $64 million because tax revenue is still down. [WZTV]
- The historic Arcade post office has gotten the green light to remain open after threats of closure, but the Donelson, Glenview, and Northeast offices are still at risk. [Tennessean]
- Tearjerker reality show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition will be paying a visit to a mystery family in Montgomery County next weekend. The big reveal happens next Saturday, October 17th. [WKRN]
Photo by niseag03.
No related posts.