- In what is obviously the biggest news of the day, the Scene has uncovered John Rich’s plot to convert his non-Love Circle residence into a museum/distillery/microbrewery/retail store/entertainment venue called the Plowhouse Mansion. We only wish we were making that up. [Nashville Scene]
- And you can say a lot about our pedestrians in Nashville, but at least a few of them seem to be made of steel: A man who was running across traffic on I-24 was hit by a Toyotta 4Runner, thrown 20 feet into the air according to a Metro police officer who witnessed it, and landed back on the interstate only to be run over by another truck. None of his injuries were life-threatening. [WSMV]
- Our Titans are calling for an emergency Code Blue all this week before they take on the Indianapolis Colts. We say they’re going to need all the help they can get. [WKRN]
- A wanted felon led police on a two-hour chase through a corn maze in Jefferson County, but thankfully “[a]uthorities were not to be deterred by the labyrinth of corn stalks” and they were eventually caught. Phew. [WZTV]
- Details are starting to emerge in the case of the stolen newborn, who was placed back in DCS custody along with the other siblings. Some inside sources are now saying that the mother is being accused of trying to sell her baby. [WTVF]
- The airport exit on eastbound I-40 will be closed from 8pm tomorrow night until 4am Wednesday morning. If you need to, say, catch a flight or something, you can still use the next exit. [Tennessean]
Photo by cdumo.
- Happy Hour: Rich. Cash Rich.
- Happy Hour: When The Rich Get Richer
- Happy Hour: On Buffalos And John Rich