- We’ve heard all about the state unemployment rate, but what about Davidson County? Last month, we jumped from 9.6% to 9.8%, which is still better than Tennessee’s overall rate. [Tennessean]
- On the heels of the flavored cigarette ban, state officials are now warning retailers that selling non-flavored individual cigarettes could mean a $1,000 fine for every violation. [WSMV]
- A Metro police officer was booked for a DUI and possession of a handgun while under the influence after he wrecked his patrol car in Bellevue. [WKRN]
- Perry County can’t seem to catch a break, this time facing a pretty severe outbreak of H1N1 in public schools. [WSMV]
- A candidate for the state House seat in District 62 missed a debate because he was stuck late at work… delivering UPS packages. [Post Politics]
Photo by hereontheroad.