Drink up, Nashville! The September ‘09 issue of GQ nominates Nashville as a Top 10 Drinking City, and has us holding our ground beside San Francisco, Chicago, New Orleans, New York City, Portland (OR), Austin, Denver, Portland (ME) and Salt Lake City. A full page article on Nashville accompanies the rankings, naming The Family Wash, 3 Crow Bar, The Basement, The Patterson House, Springwater and the Hermitage Hotel’s Oak Bar as essential stops on a drinking tour of Nashville. (Since, for some reason, it is September but the September articles from GQ have not been posted online, we’ll direct you to The Basement’s scan of the article.)
This nomination comes on the heels of Nashville’s own Arnold Myint (owner of PM, ChaChah and the brand new Suzy Wong’s House of Yum) claiming a spot as a 2009 Bombay/GQ Inspired Bartender finalist.
If we were planning a drinking tour of Nashville, there’s no way we’d forget the Yazoo brewery and taproom. So tell us, what spots would make it on your Nashville drinking tour itinerary?
Photo by -Kenny-.
- Forbes Declares Nashville 9th Most Dangerous City [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Needs A Tutor [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Now “Fit” And “Cool” [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Is Cheap & Fit [Mixed Reviews By People Who Don't Live Here]
- Nashville Gets Mixed Reviews From People Who Don’t Live Here