- Next Tuesday morning, President Obama will be addressing school-aged kids on C-SPAN and some parents in Sumner County aren’t real happy about it. The school system has decided to give parents the choice to opt their kids out of hearing the speech, which is supposed to be about staying in school and succeeding. No word yet on whether other area school districts will be following suit. [Tennessean]
- Davidson County Sheriff Daron Hall has threatened to opt the city out of the 287(g) immigration enforcement program if the feds don’t ease up on the new standards that keep information about arrests out of the public eye. [WSMV]
- Almost 150 students were absent from Maxwell Elementary School following the death of a kindergartner due to the Swine Flu last week. Metro health officials held a public meeting at the school about the incident this morning. [WKRN]
- Following the same incident, Metro is also wiping down and disinfecting its entire fleet of school buses to hopefully help prevent the spread of the virus. [WTVF]
- Tickets to Keith Urban’s show benefiting the Country Music Hall of Fame are being scalped on StubHub for as much as $5,000. The sold-out tickets originally went for $25 and included some of the biggest names in country music. [WPLN]
- The Nashville Zoo got a little bit cuter today! [WSMV]
- Tennessee’s State Election Coordinator is mandating that the Republican candidates be listed first on all ballots statewide beginning next month. [WSMV]
Photo by urbanwoodchuck.