- 78 of Tennessee’s 95 counties saw a decrease in their unemployment rate last month, and Perry County (remember when their unemployment reached 26%?) saw the biggest drop. However, many folks point out that the numbers only mean that less folks are looking for jobs and don’t reflect actual unemployment. [Tennessean]
- The TVA had a little malfunction today that left one of their three nuclear power plants functioning at less than a quarter of its usual capacity. [WZTV]
- In honor of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, Tennessee’s flags will be flown at half-mast until sunset on August 30th (h/t Thomas).
- Two shooting deaths in two days have inspired a local group to hold a vigil against gun violence in Nashville’s African American community tonight. [WTVF]
- Green Hills is getting a bunch of fancy new stores besides the obvious arrival of Nordstrom which everyone already knew about. [Tennesssean]
Photo by niseag03.
No related posts.