- The Spring Hill GM plant is back up and running for the time being, starting production for the first time in seven weeks today. The next scheduled idling will happen around Thanksgiving. [WKRN]
- HazMat crews responded to a “small explosion” involving some chlorine tablets and a Metro employee today at the Bicentennial Mall. [WTVF]
- The woman who was stabbed behind Ken’s Sushi by an employee after allegedly trying to rob the place died at Vanderbilt from her injuries. [WKRN]
- Tennessee is battening down the hatches for another possible swine flu outbreak. The last go-round left us with 246 confirmed cases and 1 death. [WKRN]
- Some of the patients affected by the VA hospital’s contamination fiasco are seeking compensation. Dozens of veterans were infected with HIV and hepatitis as a result of the mix-up. [WTVF]
- Mechelle McNair spoke out for the first time since her husband’s death and thanked the community for all of the overwhelming support. [WKRN]
Photo by Mr. Renegade.