It’s Friday! It’s Friday! Our first stop this weekend is going to be the Urban Project Graffiti art show at The Showroom, because we’re dying to see this one before it closes next week. After that, who knows where you might find us (hint: probably somewhere enjoying the sunny, 85-degree weather that’s coming our way tomorrow). This week’s list is long, but we just couldn’t leave out any of the great things happening. Enjoy your options!
- Tango At Twilight. Centennial Park events shelter, 8pm, free. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Frist Fridays with Danielle Peck. The Frist Center, 6pm, free for Frist members or $8.50 for non-members. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Poolapalooza with Jeffrey Steele. Opryland’s Cascades pool, 6pm, free. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Benefit For The Red Cross. Smyrna Bowling Center, 12pm-4pm, cost varies. Remember those nasty tornadoes that tore through Murfreesboro several weeks ago? The Smyrna Bowling Center is hosting a huge fundraiser this weekend to benefit the Red Cross disaster relief fund, in hopes of providing some relief to folks affected by tornadoes and other natural disasters. Special bowling rates, tons of food vendors, inflatable jumpy things, silent auction, prizes, massage therapists, DJs, dunking booths, rock walls, and the list just goes on. Smyrna may be a long haul from Nashville, but it’s a fun afternoon for the family and it benefits a great cause.
- Farmapalooza. Franklin Farmer’s Market behind The Factory, 8am-1pm, free.
- Metro Public Works E-Waste Collection Day. Hermitage (Hobby Lobby shopping center), 9am-12pm. If you missed the e-waste collection day at LP Field a few weeks ago, you’ve got a second chance to ditch those broken electronics cluttering up the spare room. Recycle batteries, TVs, VCRs, DVD players, cell phones, printers, microwaves, stereos, audio equipment, computers and more.
- Provence’s Artisan Bread Fest. Hillsboro location, 10am-1pm. Snack on samples, learn about bread baking, take advantage of sweet discounts on bread you can’t otherwise afford. Sounds perfect to us!
- Bike For Branches. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Chili Cookoff. Riverfront Tavern, $10 entry fee. Riverfront Tavern has pretty much the least helpful listing on their website for this. There is no time listed and it says to register ahead of time, but no further instructions. So on that note, if you can figure out when the thing is and how to register, whip up a batch of your secret chili and you might win $300! Drink specials include $3 Yazoo and $2.50 Yuengling during the event. Note: Downtown Details lists the time as 3pm.
- Nashville Sounds doubleheader & Purity Faith Night. Greer Stadium, 6pm, $6-$10 regular tickets or $12 ticket with hot dog & drink. The Sounds are back in town for a doubleheader against the Omaha Royals, and this Saturday is also the first of the year’s Purity Faith Nights. Christian band Philmont will play a pre-game concert, game tickets include concert admission and a hot dog/soda combo.
- Cheekwood Free Summer Saturdays. Cheekwood, 9:30am-4:30pm, free admission for guests under 17. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Muddy Buddy Ride & Run. Check out the post we did about this for more info!
- Share Our Strengths: A Tasteful Pursuit. The Hermitage Hotel Grand Ballroom, 6pm, $95. The $95 ticket price may be an immediate turn-off for some, but we wanted to include it because the A Tasteful Pursuit dinners
- Nashville Sounds: Lance Family Sunday & Purity Sundae Sunday. Greer Stadium, 2pm, tickets are 2-for-1. Head back to the ballfield to watch the Sounds play the Omaha Royals again… Because tickets are buy one, get one free on Lance Family Sunday! It’s also Purity Sundae Sunday, and ice cream sundaes are only $1. Mmm.
- Rock & Roll Team Trivia. The Mercy Lounge, 8pm, free (with free parking & drink specials). The Mercy Lounge is starting a new Rock & Roll Trivia night, and our only question is why they didn’t think of it sooner. The top three trivia teams get a hefty break on their bar tabs as a prize.