- Things that make us feel optimistic about life: “The director of the Metro Health Department said Monday the expectation is there will be cases of the swine flu in Nashville and he urged the public to take precautions to prevent contracting the virus.” (OMG, run for the hillz, save urself, etc.) [City Paper]
- Jerry Lee Lewis, mastermind behind our anthem “Great Balls Of Fire,” was hanging out downtown at the State Legislature today because they’re going to name a road after him. We just wish they were naming it after his song. [WSMV]
- Hypothetically speaking, if you were going to donate some money to a gubernatorial campaign, how would you feel about that money later being used to fund some defense attorneys for the now-ousted governor’s brother’s fraud charges? Yeah, that’s what we thought. [WZTV]
- Metro PD and the FBI are still on the lookout for the guy who robbed Wachovia’s Fourth Ave. branch downtown this morning. [Tennessean]
- They did, however, manage to arrest the third suspect in the Great East Nashville Carjacking Spree of Ought Nine. [WTVF]
Photo by sunndog818.