- Not to freak anyone out or anything, but Mayor Dean has put out the call for 4,000 health volunteers to man to handle vaccinations and medication in the event that some massive pandemic or biological warfare strikes. If you’re interested, check out Hands On Nashville for more information. [WSMV]
- Note to our readers: If you feel the need to go beer-shopping naked, you should probably stop drinking. [Tennessean]
- Some robbers tried to break into an ATM by ripping it out of the wall using a chain and a hearse. And no, it didn’t work. [WKRN]
- The TVA has reportedly shelled out $9.5 million to buy up at least 51 of the properties they destroyed with their nasty toxic sludge spill a few months ago, including both homes and land. [WZTV]
- The EPA is starting to halt permits for mountain top removal mining while they figure out how exactly it’s affecting streams and wetlands. [Tennessean]
Photo by ryan2013.
No related posts.