- Leave it to Tennesseans to get tired of hearing about all that Jewish kosher salt and start manufacturing Blessed Christian salt instead, blessed by Episcopal priests. Don’t everyone take off to the grocery store at once. The article does point out that “[t]echnically, all salt is kosher since it’s a naturally occurring mineral. And kosher salt is named for the way it is used, not its religious affiliation.” [WZTV]
- Holy hell, our unemployment rate jumped to 8.6% last month! Where oh where have all the jobs gone? [WSMV]
- And speaking of that, UT is thinking about laying off 800 employees, cutting a few programs, and raising tuition to deal with the fact that our state is broke and so are they. [WTVF]
- And speaking of that, State Rep. Brian Kelsey is pushing to pass a state income tax ban in the House. [WKRN]
- But we’re at least happy to report that the hostage situation ended pretty peacefully with no one hurt and both suspects apprehended. [WKRN]
Photo by PhyrePh0x.