- A first-year teacher at a Metro elementary school turned himself in after “realizing it was not an appropriate form of discipline” to tape third graders’ mouths shut or tape kids in their seats using packing tape. Uh, yes? [Tennessean]
- Nothing like a solid workday without power to make you appreciate the convenience of electricity, right? [WTVF]
- Check out some of the videos and pictures of storm damage (which was pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as Oklahoma) over at NashFlix. [Nashville Is Talking]
- It was another colorful day in the Tennessee legislature with controversial Speaker Kent Williams being out visiting his sick parents and a temporary replacement being elected in his absence. Coincidentally, Tennessee Republicans had just taken out an ad publicly blasted Williams in his hometown newspaper. [WTVF, Tennessean]
- House Democratic Caucus leader Rep. Mike Turner was also hospital-bound today with chest pains. [WZTV]
- Metro General Hospital is cutting jobs and slashing pay to try and cope with the $3.6 million deficit they’re looking at. [WSMV]
- We should probably consider scaling back our carbon footprints since we’re using more than the rest of the country. [Tennessean]
- Three cheers for the Franklin folks who get to have liquor stores downtown finally! [WKRN]
Photo by TheMuuj.
No related posts.