We heard there was a big game going on this weekend or something, which fortunately isn’t the only thing going on. Grown men beating the crap out of each other at the Wildhorse? Check. Bad eighties movies at the Belcourt? Check. Bands with delusions of grandeur blowing it up the Grand Old Opry House? Check. These are our picks–now let us know what you’re up to this weekend!
- Music City Mixed Martial Arts @ The Wildhorse Saloon, 6pm. Tickets range from $15 all the way up to a cool $95.
- Fiction Family @ Belcourt, $20, 8pm (doors at 7). Featuring Sean Watkins of Nickel Creek and Jon Foreman of Swithfoot. Unfortunately it sold out pretty quickly, so we’re jealous of all of you who got tickets!
- Lucero @ Mercy Lounge, $12, 9pm. We like to think of these guys as some of our favorite neighbors. Hailing from Memphis, this is a show you don’t want to miss. Or, um, if you do, they’re playing Saturday night too?
- Dollar Day @ Cheekwood Botanical Garden, $1, 9:30am-4:30pm. Today’s your last day to see the beautiful gardens and art gallery for a buck. Considering a normal adult admission is $10, we’d say this one’s worth leaving the house for.
- The Killers @ Grand Ole Opry House, 8pm. We think this one is sold out too, but who could pass up the opportunity to watch the utter desecration of one of Nashville’s most historic venues? We could! But if shelling out $200 is your thing, there are plenty of tickets left on Craigslist.
- Robocop @ The Belcourt, $8.25, midnight. Part of the Belcourt’s midnight movie series in which they dig up some wonderfully awesome cult films from the 80s and play them at midnight twice a month.
- Zooperbowl @ Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, $6.50/adults, $4/kiddos, 9:30am-4pm. Half price admission all day, AND it’s all over before the big game. Great way to wear out the kids before you plant yourself on the couch for the night.
- Super Bowl Party @ The Closing Bell, Free, 5pm. The only thing better than watching the Super Bowl is watching the Super Bowl in on 15 giant screens with beer. Drink specials running throughout the game.
- Super Bowl Party @ The Music City Bar, Free, 5pm. Or maybe watching it on a 107″ HD projection screen with brats, chili, squares, prizes, and something called “Suicide Karaoke” is more your style.
Photo by aimka.