From the looks of things this weekend, it might as well be Christmas in Nashville. Nearly every event is Christmas themed, and the big Nashville Christmas parade is even this weekend. A little early, if you ask us (they didn’t), but maybe all this sleet and freezing rain has got the city tricked into thinking that Christmas is already here. Hopefully there will be a little less ice and a little more sun this weekend for the festivities. Meanwhile, we just hung the Christmas Countdown Chalkboard at the Nashvillest HQ, and we’re plotting out what to do in the 21 days until it’s actually Christmas.
- Cummins Station Artisan Fair, 11am-3pm: The first three Fridays in December, Cummins Station will be hosting an artisan fair, a gathering of handmade crafts, artwork, food and more. Time to pick up some unique gifts!
- Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, 6pm: Mayor Karl Dean will be lighting that Christmas tree, and we sure hope it will be worth the ordeal. American Idol finalist Phil Stacey will be gracing us with his presence at the tree lighting ceremony, as will a quartet from the Barbership Harmony Society.
- Nashville (Gas) Christmas Parade, 7pm: Nashville’s annual Christmas parade, sponsored by Piedmont Natural Gas, is this weekend. As we mentioned, it seems unusually early for a Christmas parade – Are they always this early in December? Anyway, the parade is a good time to fight for parking downtown and stand outside in the freezing cold for an hour. Christmas spirit! Should you need to call the Parade Information Line for some reason, you may do so by dialing (615) 734-1708.
- A Croft House Christmas At The Nashville Zoo, 10am-3pm: Beginning this weekend, get into the holiday spirit at the Nashville Zoo! Yuletide tours of the Croft House will be offered on December 6th & 7th, 13th & 14th, and 20th & 21st. Tours are free with Zoo admission.
- Kid’s Court At The Belcourt, 10am-11am: Bring your kids to The Belcourt for a free hour of holiday cartoons and fun on the big screen.
- The Art Of The Lost Boys Of Sudan: Opening at Tinney Contemporary on Saturday, a new exhibition showcases the artwork of local Nashvillian Lost Boys. The exhibition runs until December 27, and Tinney Contemporary’s hours are 10am-5pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Holiday In The Village, 6pm-9pm: Hillsboro Village merchants are aiming to make your Christmas shopping just a little less painful, by inviting you to Shop ‘N Sip on Saturday evening. Buy their stuff, and they’ll provide holiday treats.
- Ten Out Of Tenn Christmas Show, 8pm: Come out to the kickoff of the Ten Out Of Tenn Christmas Tour at the Exit/In Sunday night. We’ve written about these guys before, but the holiday show is going to be something completely different and (we hope) every bit as wonderful. Tickets are $15.
- Christmas Parade With Red Noses & John Rich [Road Closures]
- The Weekendist: “That” Time Of Year Edition
- Meet The Rockettes: The Radio City Christmas Spectacular
- Ready Or Not, Santa Claus Is Coming To Nashville This Week [Deck The Halls]
- Tonight: 25th Annual Christmas Lighting Ceremony At Opryland