- TDOT is getting in the holiday spirit by taking a few days off this Thanksgiving. This is good news for all of us who will be part of the annual mass exodus out of Nashville because they’ve put construction projects on hold from Wednesday afternoon until Monday morning. [WSMV]
- Trace Adkins has crowned himself the bad boy of country music, asserting that he gets all the “nasty songs” pitched to him that no one else will record. Because really, Honky Tonk Badonkadonk sure set the bar high. [WSMV]
- A Mount Juliet man was the lucky winner of $800,000 in the lottery over the weekend. [WSMV]
- A small plane carrying three people crashed this morning in North Nashville off of Whites Creek Pike. The crash, which killed all three passengers, was flying in from Arkansas. [WKRN]
- There’s a wonderful flame war brewing in the comments section of the Tennessean‘s article about one of Mayor Dean’s top advisers taking a leave of absence to fight the English Only ordinance. [Tennessean]
Photo by victorjames615.