If John McCain is going to be anywhere in the vicinity, then we know John Rich probably isn’t too far away. Tuesday’s debate is no exception since we’ve just learned that Rich will be at the Belmont Mansion early Tuesday morning to show off his rhinestone Wranglers to the world on a special live filming of the CBS Early Show. According to one undercover Nashvillest operative, the school sent out an email about it to student leaders this morning:
Hello! CBS News/The Early Show is broadcasting live from Belmont Mansion on Tuesday, October 7th to preview the second presidential debate. Our Anchor, Harry Smith, will be on site excited to interview students for our national morning news show. Country music star, John Rich, will also be performing live from Belmont Mansion on the quad!!
– We encourage signs of support for the candidates, school spirit & colors, and shout outs to Mom & Dad!
– Guests should arrive to Belmont Mansion on the quad at 5:30 a.m (we go live at 6am)
– Please pass along this information to all members of your student organizations. We would love to have all the students and faculty staying on campus during Fall Break to come out and show their excitment for this election on our broadcast!
Best we can tell, the event doesn’t look like it’s open to the public given the tight security on campus that day, though we couldn’t reach anyone at the Mansion for comment. Looks like this is one debate festivity we’ll just have to pass up. But for posterity’s sake, we’ll leave you with this:
UPDATE [3:53pm]: The Tennessean Election blog points us to this article saying that members of the community are invited to attend the CBS Early Show taping. So if you feel like scraping yourself out of bed at 5:30am, then go for it! And take pictures!
- Storytime: ‘Raisin’ McCain’ Explained [John Rich]
- Raisin’ McCain: John Rich Approves This Message
- A Tale Of Two Johns: John Rich Crashes John McCain’s Party
- John Rich Is All Up In Our Christmas Parade [John Rich]
- John Rich To Maybe Run For Governor In 2010 [CMApocalypse]