- Expect your electric bill to go up again as of July 1, courtesy of the Tennessee Valley Authority. Something about rising fuel costs and “the lingering effects of the drought.” [WSMV]
- Rep. Rob Briley (D-Nashville) finished up his stint with the Tennessee House of Representatives today, taking a few final stabs at the press (read: bloggers) who had a lot to say about his high-speed chase/meltdown last year. [City Paper]
- Inmates at a maximum security Nashville prison will be walking laps around the prison’s track to raise money for the American Lung Association’s asthma research. [WTVF]
- Predictably, Sen. Bob Corker has asked the Tennessee Republicans to take down the now-famous Michelle Obama video from Youtube. Unfortunately well over 653,000 people have already viewed the original video, and it’s been mixed and remixed by several dozen Youtubers, and it was looped on national television for almost an entire day. But hey, it’s a nice gesture. [WSMV]
Photo by brandonjames.
- Happy Hour: Turn, Turn, Turn
- Nashvillest Exclusive: Inside the Obama Fundraiser
- Happy Hour: Turn Off Your Computer And Go Outside Now