- Hooray! We get a holiday from highway construction this weekend too! [WZTV]
- Clarksville’s City Council is getting some fancy-schmancy new iPads to play with, to the tune of $10,000. [WSMV]
- A newly-proposed ordinance would waive building permit fees for flood victims through June 2011. Today is the last day of the current no-fee extension. [City Paper]
- Nashville Global Academy voluntarily surrendered their charter today, making them only the second school in Tennessee to ever lose a charter. [Tennessean]
- We warned you back in 2008, but it looks like the bedbugs in Middle Tennessee aren’t going anywhere. [WSMV]
- The Williamson County Visitor’s Center has opted to join the 21st century and thus now offers free wi-fi. [Post Business]
- Since we’re celebrating freedom and all, we don’t want any of our readers behind bars this weekend! The troopers will be out in full force, so call a cab or a sober friend for a ride if you’re planning on drinking. [Tennessean]
Photo by Al Fed.