- We think it’s a little excessive that the Opryland Hotel started stringing Christmas lights today, but who wouldn’t get excited with all those exclamation points? If only it were actually snowing. [WTVF]
- Also excessive was this afternoon’s big ribbon cutting ceremony for the new security check-point at the Nashville International Airport, attended by Mayor Dean. [WKRN]
- While we’re talking about cutting ribbons and such, the newest addition to Nashville Metro Public Schools, Cane Ridge High School in Antioch, had its opening ceremony today. No word on whether the mayor made it to that one. [WSMV]
- Members of Tennessee Equality Project, a GLBT advocacy group, are calling for the Knoxville church shooter to be prosecuted for hate crimes. [via Post Politics]
- Despite the tight state budget, Gov. Bredesen has announced the addition of dental benefits for CoverKids recipients. [WSMV]
- Nissan is looking to avoid layoffs by offering buyouts to about 6,000 employees at the two Tennessee plants in hopes that at least 1,200 will take them up on the offer. [WTVF]
Photo by rachynymph.