- Some intense gang operation was busted up by the feds in Nashville and Murfreesboro with 64 counts of murder, attempted murder, drugs and kidnapping spread between the 9 members arrested. Three others are still at large. [Tennessean]
- Volkswagen has received over 5,000 applications for the 1,200 available positions at the plant. We feel this is a testament to our 10-point-whatever unemployment rate. [WTVF]
- More than $4,000 worth of panties were stolen from a Murfreesboro Victoria’s Secret overnight. [WSMV]
- Unsurprisingly, no one wanted to venture out in the rain to vote in the election to choose the next four rulers of Franklin. [Tennessean]
- An MTSU student was arrested following an altercation with a preacher on campus. Everyone is still trying to sort out exactly what happened, but there may or may not have been some groping involved. [Nashville Is Talking]
Photo by stephencapps.