- Our hearts go out to the folks in Aurora, Colorado this morning following a shooting at a movie theater that left 14 dead and more than 50 injured. Though the suspect reportedly had Tennessee plates, authorities believe he was living in the area.
- After all the hoopla, the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro was not able to open last night. The contractor estimates they have about two more weeks of work in front of them installing exit signs over the doors, completing fire sprinkler inspections and hooking up the water.
- If you drive a shiny new 2013 Ford Escape, you may want to give that thing back before the engine catches fire.
- The Preds are carefully reviewing Shea Weber’s offer sheet from the Philadelphia Flyers, but are intending to match it.
- Looks like Sylvan Park could be getting a facelift soon if Metro Councilman Jason Holleman gets his way. The revitalization effort would likely include more sidewalks and parking spaces in order to make it feel a little more like 12 South. Oh, and a roundabout! Because our city loves it some roundabouts.
- We don’t really understand these artist pieces that will soon be adorning the inside of the Music City Center, but they sound pretty cool.
Photo by Daniel Mack.