- Since the yesterday’s news about the $84K tank of gas, even more folks have stepped forward with crazy charges from Mapco. The good news is, our hero from yesterday’s story finally had his bank account reinstated Thursday morning.
- The DMV on Centennial Boulevard is stepping up their game by using iPads to let folks serve themselves rather than waiting in the notoriously long lines.
- We can’t not write about an overturned liquor truck, which contained only four bottles of wine. Luckily the four bottles of wine (and the driver!) made it out unharmed.
- And this morning’s badass award goes to this guy, who caught a four-foot rattlesnake with his bare hands out in Bells Bend. For the children.
- A suspect has been arrested following a mailman’s gruesome lunchtime discovery of a headless body in South Nashville yesterday.
- Early voting is underway for the August 7th election for the state primary and county general elections. Get your sample ballot here.
- Moonpie drama!
- As we shuffle our way through the news this morning, it is still raining. Though we can hardly bring ourselves to complain since this week’s many downpours have gone a long way in helping our rain deficit. Rutherford County and Clarksville have even lifted their burn bans, so y’all out in Murfreesboro can light fires to your hearts’ content.
Photo by Victor Guy.