- We’re saddened to hear the news of Germantown Cafe co-owner Jay Luther’s untimely death, thought to be due to carbon dioxide poisoning after he became trapped in the East Nashville location’s walk-in freezer. Much love from Nashvillest to Luther’s family, friends and the Germantown Cafe family.
- That pesky bridge work causing weekend closures of I-24 east of downtown is on track to be finished by August 31. Bonus: No closures this weekend due to a large concert at LP Field!
- The New York Times gives the food scene in Nashville two thumbs up.
- Metro Council votes on next fiscal year’s budget tonight, and both Mayor Dean’s budget and the substitute budget proposed include a controversial 53-cent property tax increase.
- A 12-hour power outage is planned for a large portion of Brentwood tonight, so get thee to the flashlight and candle store! NES will upgrade light poles during the outage, which affects the west side of Franklin Road from the H. G. Hill Shopping Center to the Brentwood Medical Center Building and on the east side of Franklin Road, beginning with businesses in the front portion of Brentwood Place Shopping Center.
- Bits & pieces: Williamson County schools will not allow homeschoolers to play on their high school teams … There will be no more smoking in Spring Hill parks … Davidson County Judge Mike Davidson shakes the hand of every defendant he meets … A former manager of Franklin’s Red Pony was sentenced to pay back the $25,000 he embezzled from the restaurant.
Photo by Southern Bella Images.