- This past weekend marked the 24th annual Nashville Pride Festival, and organizers claim that this was the biggest year ever.
- First lady Michelle Obama is returning to Nashville for the second time in two months to speak at the African Methodist Episcopal Church conference at Gaylord Opryland on June 28. Day passes to the event are $50 and are supposedly reserved through the church’s website, but we can’t actually find where! Happy hunting.
- Filed under Groupons We’re Really Glad We Didn’t Buy: A visitor was injured on Honeysuckle Hill Farm’s zip line this weekend. The nature of the accident is still under wraps, but the farm’s zip line is closed until further notice.
- We’re feelin’ hot hot hot.
- The Tennessean has an important PSA: Bow ties are not just for nerds and they are sooooooooo #EastNashville.
- A swarm of 10,000 bees visited the trash cans in front of the Bridgestone Arena on Friday, requiring a beekeeper to come in and catch them for removal.
- There are 500 sheriffs in town for the National Sheriffs Association conference.
- Some Williamson County homeowners got a nasty surprise in the form of rocks flying through their roofs and landing in their bedrooms last week, thanks to a blasting project on I-65.
- Bits & pieces: The unemployment rate in Tennessee has increased for the first time since November 2010, womp womp … Tennessee’s first water roller coaster, courtesy of Dolly Parton, is on its way … Franklin’s much-beloved Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant has opened a seafood joint … The new Omni Hotel in downtown Nashville is just over a year away from completion … Kentucky Kingdom will not be reopening after all … The final vote to ban smoking in all Spring Hill parks is tonight.
Photo by Ray Sandusky.