- The most important news of the day, by far: “‘Panda Cows’ look like Oreos come to Nashville Zoo.” We need to see the Oreo cows! [Tennessean]
- On the more terrifying end of the news spectrum, Spring Hill firefighters are dealing with a venomous spider infestation in their fire stations–an infestation so intense that the poisonous critters have been found to actually be falling from the ceiling tiles, skittering across the floor and snoozing on someone’s camouflage bedspread. [WSMV]
- If you’re on the internet right now, you probably already heard about Southwest buying AirTran. We can now get to even more cities for cheap from BNA! Here’s the list: [Tennessean]
- This year’s flu vaccine will also protect you against H1N1, which we still prefer to call “swine flu.” [WKRN]
- Vanderbilt’s weight management clinic is getting pretty creative in fighting obesity in rural Tennessee. Rather than traveling all over the state, they’ve been counseling kids and their families through Skype. [WPLN]
- Metro Councilman Duane Dominy filed an ordinance to try to keep the state fair right here in Nashville, and on the same Fairgrounds at which it’s been held for decades. [Tennessean]
Photo by a kee.